Estate of Joseph S Deputy
From Phillips Co, State of Arkansas
27 Ap 1866, filing of Will
Ordered 25 Mar 1867
Book H,page 276
Dr. R.A. Burton, witness and partner in practice with Dr.Deputy
Arthur Thompson, witness
Richard Hargraves, witness
27 Ap 1866, Bond $30,000 - Lycurgus Cage and Arthur Thompson
Ordered 25 Mar 1867
Executor, John S Horner
Ordered 25 Mar 1867
Moved to? Does not say why.
Says will on Record.
St Louis County, Missouri
21 Jun 1867
Executor John M Luke
Bond Robert Carr and Robert Ault
28 Jun 1867
Heirs; Lucy aged 16, Quintina aged 13 and James aged 10 residing in Helena, AR
Ad run in St Louis Daily Press
May 2,9, 16 and 23, 1866
Settlement
08 Dec 1868
22 Dec 1869
Ad St Louis Times
Apr 29, May 6, 13, 20 and 24, 1870
Final Settlement Jun 1870 $15.33
------------------------
# 7359 Joseph S Deputy
Copy of Will
Filed and admitted Apr 1867
In the matter of the Probate of the last Will & Testament of Joseph S Deputy deceased, the following proceedings were had in the Probate of Phillips county in the state of Arkansas at the April term of said Court A.D. 1866, and on the 27th day of said month, to wit:
I Joseph S Deputy of the county of Phillips and State of Arkansas, being in good health and of sound disposing mind, memory, calling to mind the fragility and uncertainty of human, and being desirous of settling my wordly affairs and directing how my property shall be disposed of after my decease, while I have strength and capacity so to do, I do make and publish this my last will and testament, hereby revoking and making all other Wills and Testaments null and void. And as to my wordly estate and all the property both real and personal of which I shall die seized and possessed of, or to which I shall be entitled, of the time of my decease, I , devise, bequeath and dispose thereof in the manner following to wit ~
My will is that all my just debts and funeral expenses, shall by my Executor hereinafter named, be paid out of my estate, as soon after my decease, as shall by him be found convenient . -- It is my wish that my Plantation and Servants belonging to me shall be sold on five payments; one fifth down, the balance in four annual installments with interest. I give devise and bequeath to my three children Lucy Jane, Quintina M and Mark W, all the property which I may die seized of, or which may justly belong to my estate both real and personal to be divided equally and justly between them to have and to hold the same to their executors and administrators and assigns forever.
I do nominate and appoint John S. Horner to be the Executor of this my last Will and Testament. In testimony whereof I , the said Joseph S Deputy here subscriber my name and affix my seal this the Ninth day of January, in the year of our Lord on thousand and eight hundred and sixty. (09 Jan 1860)
Joseph S Deputy [ seal ]
Attest: R.A. Burton
Source: http://s1.sos.mo.gov/records/archives/archivesdb/JudicialRecords/
# 7359 Starts at image 201 through image 268
Missouri State Archives
Series Probate Estate Files
Parties Deputy, Joseph S - Deceased
Term of Court, Year 1866
County Saint Louis
Court Type Probate Court
Case Summary Date filed: 1866
Microfilm Roll Number c32646
Return to Dr. J.S. Deputy page