Will of William Radcliff
In the name of God, Amen.
I William Radcliff, of the County of Wood and State of Virginia, being weak in body but sound in mind and memory, do make and ordain this my last will and testament. Revoking and disannulling all and every other will or will heretofore made by me. And do establish this my last will and testament in the way and manner following (to wit).
That after my decease I desire that all my just debts and funeral charges should be paid out of my movable estate and the remainder of my moveable estate, if any, to be disposed of as follows (namely) First, I do will and bequeath unto my oldest daughter, Susannah Stalnicker of Harrison County and State aforesaid twenty-five cents, she being otherwise provided for.
Secondly, I will and bequeath to the heirs of my oldest son John Radcliff deceased of Lickin County and State of Ohio he or they being otherwise provided for.
Thirdly. I will and bequeath to my daughter Catherine Gillisby of Gally County and State of Ohio, twenty-five cents having I suppose done for her a sufficient part heretofore.
Fourthly, I will and bequeath to my daughter Sarah Carpenter of this county twenty-five cents having done for her what I believe to be my duty heretofore.
Fifthly, I bequeath to my daughter Martha Bonnett of Harrison aforesaid twenty-five cents as I believe don't need anymore.
Sixthly, I will and bequeath to my daughter Jan Statsor of Harrison aforesaid twenty-five cents and no more.
Seventhly, I will and bequeath to my daughter Deborah Badgly who is now moved down the Ohio River, twenty-five cents and no more.
Eightly and lastly, I will and bequeath to my son Stephen Radcliff the residue of my moveable estate if any remaining and also the plantation I now live on containing one hundred acres be the same more or less. I also do nominate and appoint my son Stephen Radcliff and Henry Deputy my lawful executirs to this my last will and testament. In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand this fifth day of December in the year of our Lord 1814
his William X Radcliff mark
In precents of
Reece Woolff
Michael Grove
James Phelps
Wood County Court, February Term, 1827
The foregoing last will and testament of William Radcliff, deceased, was presented in open court proved by the oaths of Reece Woolf and Michael Grove subscribing witnesses to the same and on motion orderd to be recorded.
Source: http://hackerscreek.com/norman/RADCLIFF/DANIEL.htm
Return to Henry Deputy page